The lovely Lauren from The Beauty Habit tagged me in The Blogger Made Me Buy It Tag! The tag is designed to show you just how much influence a blogger has on my purchases in the beauty world! And, I already know that there is a massive influence in my life when it comes to purchasing beauty products and reading blogs!
1. Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones you rely on for reviews and swatches?
This is a hard one for me to answer, because when I want to find out something about a product, I normally search for it online, and read the reviews that pop up! However, there are a few bloggers who totally make my wish list grow longer. Lauren from The Beauty Habit, always has wonderful new hauls, and makeup loves that I keep written down on my 'To Buy' list! G from Nouveau Cheap always has the latest information on sales and new products at the drugstore. And, Laura from Buy Now, Blog Later is always posting about new products and some of her favorites. These three girls are definitely the main ones I read online all the time!
2. Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?
If Lauren reviews it, and says that it is an amazing product, I generally go and pick it up if I can find it here in the states. However, if I see a bunch of YouTubers/Bloggers rave about a product that looks appealing, I will go and search for it all day long online before making me purchase.
3. What is your favorite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
This one is tricky, because my all time favorite lipstick has been influenced by blogs, but I can't purchase it here in the states. It's Beehive by 17 if you are wondering! So, the lovely Lauren sends me back ups during our box swaps, and she keeps me well in stock!
4. What is your least favorite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
I would have to say the Stila Lip Glazes. These things are so sticky, its hard for me to enjoy wearing them!
5. Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.
Hmm let's see... Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, Bare Minerals Moxie Lipstick in Speak Your Mind, Bare Minerals 100% Natural Lip Color in Bavarian Creme, The Body Shop Lip Butter in Mango, and The Wet Brush.
6. Have you ever given into blogger hype? If so which hype?
All the time! The Wet Brush has been a great purchase so far! It works wonders on my hair, and doesn't yank any stands out!
7. Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so which hype?
I generally avoid foundation hypes, as my skin is so sensitive to any. Which means I really don't wear foundation if ever!
8. Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking a review?
I purchase items that I think I will enjoy. Everyone is different, so if a certain blogger doesn't like it, I still give it a try to see if I might! One product like this was the Maybelline Color Whispers. There was a mix bag of opinions on this product, but I ended up loving the one I purchase, Petal Rebel.
If you end up copying this tag, leave a comment below, so I can check out your post!
Sunday, January 26, 2014